Museum Intern 1
Under direct supervision of a division head, learns to provide professional services in area of assignment.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
- Essential Job Functions & Other Important Duties
Essential Job Functions:
- Learns to assist in program planning, development, implementation and evaluation in area of study.
- Learns to prepare program manuals, interpret program rules, regulations, codes and/or ordinances in area of study.
- Learns to conduct research studies and/or surveys specific to municipal government programs and services.
- Learns a variety of methods of provide leadership, direction and supervision to paraprofessional or technical staff members.
Other Important Duties:
- Travels to attend or present training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Job Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of principles and practices in area of study assignment.
- Knowledge of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Skill in the use of technical tools, practices or methods in area of assignment.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.
- Skill in planning and implementing departmental procedures and objectives.
- Skill in effectively delegating duties to assigned paraprofessional or technical staff.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Must be enrolled at a Junior or Senior level standing in an accredited college program in area of assignment.
- May be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and/or physical exam.
- May be required to possess State of Texas Drivers License.
- Environmental Factors & Conditions/Physical Requirements
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in a variety of environments depending on area of assignment.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine, other standard office equipment, and special or technical equipment commonly utilized in area of assignment.
(Required to perform essential job functions)
Repetitive Motion - substantial movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
Fingering - picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
Talking 1- expressing ideas by spoken word.
Visual Acuity 2 - color, depth perception, field of vision.
Work performed is primarily:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine, scanner, other standard office equipment and Department vehicle, as well as other mobile equipment used by field employees.