Recreation Aide - Member Services
Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Center Supervisor and related management team, performs customer service duties at the Class and Member Service Desk of the Recreation and Aquatic Center. Monitors activities of participants, issues equipment and provides program and membership information to customers.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
- Essential Job Functions & Other Important Duties
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides customer service to all participants in activities and programs at area of assignment.
- Promptly greet walk-in prospective members and provides them with information on various membership options
- Registers participants and members for activities, programs and services.
- Processes member paperwork, including address changes, member cancellations, new members, electronic funds transfers and payments
- Responds to inquiries related to programs, services and special events.
- Distributes recreation and fitness equipment to customers.
- Ensures Recreation Center common areas are cleaned and maintained all times
- Opens and closes facilities according to established policies and procedures.
- Monitors facility activities for participant compliance and safety rules.
- Prepares accident and incident reports when indicated.
- Answers and transfers phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
Other Important Duties:
- Performs CPR, Rescue Breathing or First Aid as needed.
- Reconciles receipts and cash register at end of shift.
- Maintains and updates supply list for assigned area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Job Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures
- Knowledge of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of money handling practices and procedures
- Skill in oral and written communications
- Skill in monitoring departmental health and safety policies and procedures
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns
- Skill in implementing departmental rule, procedures and objectives
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Must be at least 16 years old and have six (6) months customer service or public contact experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid Certification within six months from date of employment
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening, background check and post-offer physical agility exam.
- May be required to have a valid State of Texas Drivers License.
- Environmental Factors & Conditions/Physical Requirements
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in an office environment, Recreation Center, and outdoor environments.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision monitor.
- May work extended hours, evenings and weekends.
- May be subject to extended periods of standing, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting such as setting up, conducting and cleaning up program activities, opening and closing facilities, meetings, and information booths at public events, or assisting with coordination and management of assigned activities at special events.
- May be subject to working extended or split shifts including mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine, other standard office equipment, cash register, cleaning supplies, rescue equipment, and department vehicles.