Driver - Senior Center
Under direct supervision of the Senior Center Supervisor, the Driver operates the City's 14 passenger van, 14 passenger mini-bus, or 26 passenger bus to transport senior adults to and from the Frisco Senior Adult Center and to provide transportation for City recreation program participants.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
- Essential Job Functions & Other Important Duties
Essential Job Functions
- Transports senior adults to and from the Frisco Senior Adult Center.
- Transports recreation program participants to offsite activities such as sightseeing, field trips, etc..
- Operates the City vans or buses to pick up and deliver supplies.
- Assists passengers, ensuring safety, as they board and disembark the van and/or bus.
- Performs preventative maintenance by checking and refilling all fluid and fuel levels.
- Maintains and updates ridership documents, rosters, addresses and GPS system as needed.
- Cleans and maintains the vans and buses for safe operating condition.
- Provides transportation for other City Departments as needed.
- Responds to emergency situations that arise in transport or at the Senior Center.
- Provides monthly report of passengers, mileage, gasoline and toll tag usage.
- Assists with daily errands such as bank deposits, mail pickup and other duties as assigned
- Follows all traffic and safety rules and regulations of the state and city
- Reports any accident to supervisor immediately and provides a written incident report.
Other Important Duties
- Reports necessary maintenance and repair needs to supervisor immediately
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Job Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of geographical layout of Frisco and surrounding area.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures for 14 passenger van, 14 passenger mini-bus, and 26 passenger bus.
- Knowledge of state driving rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Skill in following oral and written directions.
- Skill in reading local streets and road maps.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.
- Skill in safely assisting passengers getting in and out of vehicles.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Ability to establish courteous working relationships with the general public and co-workers.
- Ability to work with Senior Citizens and assist them as necessary.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications
- High School diploma or G.E.D., and six (6) months van, bus or transportation vehicle driving and senior adult population experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid certifications or obtain in first three months in position.
- Must possess valid State of Texas class "B" CDL Driver's License.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, driving test, physical agility, criminal background and MVR check.
- Environmental Factors & Conditions/Physical Requirements
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- May be subject to exposure to air and water borne pathogens, body fluids, and infectious diseases when applying CPR, First Aid or cleaning the van and facilities.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions and hazardous driving conditions.
This work typically requires the following physical activities to be performed. A complete description of the activities below is available upon request from Human Resources.
(Required to perform essential job functions)
Climbing - ascending, descending ladders, stairs, ramps, requires body agility.
Reaching - extending hands or arms in any direction.
Repetitive Motion - substantial movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
Speaking - expressing ideas with spoken word, convey detailed, important instructions accurately, concisely.
Feeling - perceiving attributes of objects by touch with skin, fingertips.
Fingering - picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
Talking 1- expressing ideas by spoken word.
Handling - picking, holding, or working with whole hand.
Hearing 1 - perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, receive information.
Visual Acuity 1 - prepare, analyze data, transcribing, computer terminal, extensive reading.
Hearing 2 - receive detailed information, make discrimination in sound.
Visual Acuity 2 - color, depth perception, field of vision.
Lifting - raising objects from lower to higher position, moving objects side to side, using upper extremities, back.
Visual Acuity 4 - operate motor vehicles/heavy equipment.
Mental Acuity - ability to make rational decisions through sound logic, deductive reasoning.
Pulling - use upper extremities to exert force, haul or tug.
Work performed is primarily:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Equipment utilized includes City 14 passenger van, 14 passenger mini-bus, and 26 passenger bus, cleaning supplies, and hand tools, Office equipment such as desktop computer, copier, fax, cell phone, and mobile GPS system.